Effective Date: June 17, 2014
Thank you for visiting jasmithmonitoring.com. Smith Monitoring knows that your privacy is important to you, so we provide this privacy statement to explain the type of information we collect, how we use it, and when we share it. We also describe the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Information We May Receive
We receive information if you choose to email or call us, and would receive any type of information that you choose to provide, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. These are examples of information that may identify you as an individual (“identifying information”). Please do NOT submit Social Security numbers, financial account numbers, or similar financial information.
In some cases, you may also provide information on behalf of another person, such as a client you represent. You may not use this site to submit information on behalf of another person unless you have that person’s permission to do so.
Automatic Information Collection and Opt Out Information
You may choose to opt out of Google Analytics. In addition, some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals the websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. How each browser type communicates the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform so we cannot guaranty that this site or its tracking features will respond to all Do Not Track signals. Finally, you also may block cookies using your browser settings, which may prevent certain features of our site from functioning properly.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the identifying information for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- To assist Smith Monitoring in administering and evaluating settlements.
- To assist individuals in advancing their inquiries or complaints.
- To communicate with you. The contact information you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To improve our website. We use information and feedback we receive from you to improve our website, information systems, and security.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information we collect with other parties, such as:
- With individuals and organizations who assist Smith Monitoring with administering and evaluating settlements;
- With parties to the settlement agreement if reasonably necessary to administration of the settlement and related matters;
- With service providers, who are only authorized to use information to perform services on our behalf or for limited administrative purposes, such as complying with legal requirements;
- When reasonably requested or required by judicial bodies, law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When otherwise required by law or in response to legal process;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- When reasonably necessary to an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- As needed to protect the vital interests of an individual; and
- In the event we transfer our responsibilities under the settlement arrangement to another organization or person.
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards intended to protect against the loss, misuse, or unauthorized accessing of information we receive through this site.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may not be owned, controlled, or operated by us. In those cases, we cannot control how information collected by those sites will be used, shared or secured. If you visit linked sites, we strongly suggest that you review the privacy statements or policies posted at those sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, your use of them, or the information practices of their operators.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes on this page and update the effective date above. If we make any material changes to our privacy practices, we will ask for your permission before we apply any of those changes to information we received before the privacy statement was updated.
If there are any questions regarding this privacy statement, or if you need to update or change information you earlier provided to us, you may contact us through this website or call 919-825-4648.