How Can I Get Help?

If you would like to file a complaint that will be forwarded to and reviewed by your servicer, please click on the link below to go to the complaint form of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).

File a complaint:

The CFPB was created by the federal government to help Americans experiencing issues with consumer financial products. One of the CFPB’s core functions is to assist you in filing a complaint with your mortgage servicer.

The Monitor was created and appointed by the parties to the National Mortgage Settlement (NMS) to ensure that the banks comply with the Settlement. The parties did not create the Monitor to assist individual homeowners or tenants with their specific mortgage or foreclosure problems because many organizations such as the CFPB already exist to help you in this way.

The CFPB and the Monitor have a relationship whereby the CFPB shares with the Monitor consumer complaints regarding the servicers that are party to the Settlement. The Monitor uses this information to better understand how servicers are treating their customers across the country. If a number of consumers are experiencing similar problems with a particular servicer, this may represent a pattern or practice in violation of the agreement. When the Monitor identifies systemic violations, the agreement gives him additional enforcement tools. Therefore, your filing a complaint with the CFPB can serve two purposes: First, it may help you resolve your personal issue with your servicer; and second, it can help make the Settlement more meaningful for all homeowners by informing the Monitor about the broad servicing issues consumers are confronting.

Where You Can Find Help

In addition to the CFPB other organizations may be able to help you, depending on your situation. Select your state from the drop-down box below to find the contact information for various organizations in your state that may be able to help you.